How to find a Reliable Salesforce Partner in India?
Salesforce is one of the most prominent B2B software platforms in the world. It is known for its flexibility, scalability, and speed. It has more than 100 million users across the world and has been ruling the sales and marketing software market for a while now. But, getting the right partner to work with can be a challenging task. The situation is very true in the case of SMEs and start-ups who find it difficult to easily engage with software service providers. Unless you work with a reliable Salesforce partner, the process of enabling the technology integration can be a challenging one.
This article will help you find a reliable Salesforce partner in India, irrespective of your background or experience. It will help you understand the various types of partners, the various types of engagement models available, methods to find a partner, etc. so that you can choose the right partner for your company.
There is an extensive list of questions that every company will want to know before choosing a Salesforce partner. After reading this article, you’ll know the answers to them too.
What is a Salesforce partner?
A Salesforce partner is a company that can provide services and support for Salesforce, which includes implementing, customizing and integrating the software. The partner also provides end-to-end delivery of the service and support by providing aftercare services too.
What are the types of Salesforce partners in India?
Before we get into the details of how you can find a partner for your company, it is important to understand the different types of Salesforce partners that are available in India. There are two basic types of partners – managed and non-managed ones.
Managed Partners: These partners provide various services like consulting, implementation, or training. They will help you get started with Salesforce and then take care of all activities thereafter. Some managed partners also provide software maintenance and support once the implementation process is complete.
Non-managed Partners: These partners work mainly as a reseller for Salesforce products. That means they do not provide any implementation or consulting services themselves but may help you find a managed partner in India if needed.
Features to look for in a reliable Salesforce partner in India
The following features can help you start your search for a reliable Salesforce partner:
- The Consultation or Implementation partners are Salesforce certified
- The Salesforce consultant tier like registered, silver, gold, platinum or global strategic
- There is quality support during onboarding and post-implementation
- There are proven execution and development competencies
- Are ready to revamp solutions based on requirements and future upgrades
What steps lead to a reliable Salesforce partner in India?
The following are useful steps to follow for finding a reliable Salesforce partner in India.
- AppExchange platform
You can begin your search by the best platform to find the right Salesforce partner. The platform provides authentic reviews of partners, their products and rankings.
- Use other networks
You can begin by shortlisting the companies from online sources, peer groups, trailblazer communities or social media platforms. Then narrow them down to a handful before proceeding further.
- A good Request For Proposal
Take efforts to prepare an effective RFP but use it to have a good discussion with prospective partners, since only discussion can help you match your needs to the capabilities of the partners.
- Look into expertise and capabilities
Check for the following:
- Whether previous project deadlines have been met
- Understands your company’s needs and provides best-needed solutions
- Has successfully worked and delivered for clients from a similar background
- Has enough team strength and tools to ensure timely deliveries
- Verify credentials
The following can be verified:
- The periodic Salesforce rating of the partner
- Check specific credentials as an administrator, developer, consultant, architect or marketer
- Look at reviews, testimonials and case studies to evaluate client relations
- Check out project management methodologies
You should get to know the project management methods of the partner you narrow down so that you feel sure about the amount of participation you will have throughout the project.
- Understand support capabilities
- Can the Salesforce partner provide the right after support
- Whether there is a well-trained, certified and skilled tech support team
- Has the capacity to handle tickets and deliver reports promptly
- Can the support team be stationed as per the requirement
- Examine costs and needs
- Fix a budget for availing services of a Salesforce partner
- Ensure costs are not underestimated or overestimated
- Discuss with the finance department and get prior-approvals
- Opt for a long term mutual commitment
There are many Salesforce partners in India to choose from, so it can be a bit of a challenge to find the best one. But you can use these tips to help narrow down your options and find a reliable partner who will work with you to achieve your goals.
The right kind of engagement model will depend on what kind of work your business is looking to get done and how much time you’re willing to invest in engaging your Salesforce partner.