The Release Date for Spring ’21 will depend on your instance of Salesforce, but the main dates are:
Jan 16th 2021,
Feb 12th 2021,
You can go to Salesforce Trust and click on your instance name and click ‘Maintenances’ It will give you date for the new release for your org.
Spring ’21 Sandbox Preview
Preview Sandbox instances will be updated on Jan 8th 2021.
Non-Preview Instances will update on
Spring ’21 Pre-Release Org
On 10th December 2020 these orgs officially came out, Access link.
Spring ’21 Release Notes
Hurray!! New destination for salesforce Release Notes is Salesforce Help.
We now have a pre-release org
Spring ’21 pre-release org is a sneak peek into the new platform
New Release Updates for Administrators
Here are the Top Admin features you can checkout now which will take you to the new level
Manual Sharing Records
We can share records and manage records shares through the manual sharing added to the interface. Previously we had to go to salesforce classic to share records with specific users or group o users. Manual sharing is only available for accounts, contacts, opportunities, cases, leads and custom objects
Now create more Roles
The maximum number of roles in the existing org is only 500. Now in Spring ’21 onwards we can create up to 5000 roles, but in order to increase the limit, we need to contact Salesforce support.
Guest Users Permission Update
For now, on the guest users will have only read and create object permissions. That means, in Spring ’21 onwards Salesforce is removing View all, modify all, Edit and Delete object permissions on all objects for guest users in new and existing orgs.
Opportunity Product Relationship
Now you will be able to create relationships to the Opportunity Product object
More supports added to Dynamic Actions
New Release Updates for Developers
Changed Lightning Web Components
Take a look your old components have something new.
new property – typeAttribute, for currency and percent data types.
- step—Granularity of the value while inline editing, specified as a positive floating-point number, like 001. Use anywhen granularity is not a concern. This value changes to 0.01.
This attribute has changed.
- target—For Salesforce mobile app, the _blanktarget value now behaves similar to the _self target and opens the link inside the app when possible, instead of in a web browser.
The component now lazy loads the SLDS icon you pass with the iconName attribute, this improves overall performance of this component. The generated markup of a component can change, so don’t depend on it for custom styling and functional hooks. The delay in loading can impact your code if you query the icon’s markup during initial rendering.
Following are new attributes.
- selectionStart—Specifies the index of the first character to select in the input element. This attribute is supported only for text type. Use with selectionEndto programmatically select a string.
- selectionEnd—Specifies the index of the last character to select in the input element. This attribute is supported only for text type. Use with selectionStartto programmatically select a string.
- label—Supports hidden custom labels for assistive devices. Specify the labeland variant=”label-hidden” attributes and use aria-Labelledby to reference a label. The component doesn’t render an HTML <label>
Hey Hey Hey! New Components
This attribute is new.
- options—Specify Boolean properties, to enable or disable controls on the map.
- draggableenables dragging to pan the map. Default: true.
- zoomControlenables zooming controls. Default: true.
- scrollwheelenables zooming with the mouse wheel. Default: true.
- disableDefaultUIdisables zooming and choosing the map layer. Default: false.
- disableDoubleClickZoomdisables zooming with a mouse double-click. Default: false.
- Following properties are new for the mapMarkers attribute.
- type—Defines colored shapes to mark a location. The available shape types are Circle, Rectangle, and Polygon.
- radius—Defines the size of a Circletype in meters.
- bounds—Defines the corners of a Rectangletype in coordinates for north, south, east, and west.
- paths—Defines the segments of a Polygontype in pairs of coordinates.
- mapIcon—Defines a custom SVG icon for a marker.
- path—Defines the SVG path for mapIcon.
- scale—Defines the scale for mapIconfor appropriate sizing.
- Styling properties for typeand mapIcon include: strokeColor, strokeOpacity, strokeWeight, fillColor, and fillOpacity.
This pageReference type is new.
- standard__managedContentPage—Enables a component to use a pageReference to navigate to a specific CMS content page in an Experience Builder site.
This attribute is new.
- autocomplete—Text area fields can be auto filled, based on your browser’s support of the feature. The value of the attribute passes through to the browser.
New and Changed Objects
More Access through these new and changed standard objects.
Add images to and choose from more positions for in-app guidance
Use the new ImageId, ImageLocation, and ImageAltText fields on the PromptVersion object. Choose from more position options for your prompts by using the DisplayPosition field. We added the TargetPageKey1Ref and TargetPageKey3 fields so that Salesforce can identify the prompt’s page location.
Snooze in-app guidance
End users can snooze in-app guidance. Use the new SnoozeUntil and TimesSnoozed fields and the amended LastResult field on the PromptAction object.
DEPRECATED: The TargetAppDeveloperName and TargetAppNamespacePrefix fields on the PromptVersion object are deprecated.
The fields are deprecated in API version 51.0.
Store the date and time values of questions and answers
Use NetworkFeedResponseMetric object to store date and time values of questions and answers.
Get monitoring information about the push upgrades
Use the DurationSeconds, EndTime, and StartTime fields on the PackagePushRequest and PackagePushJob objects. These fields are new in API version 51.0.
Store information about video calls, such as who attended and what was discussed on video call
Use these new VideoCall, VideoCallRecording, and VideoCallParticipant objects. Priorotize recordings using Call Coaching.
Create and share groups of useful voice calls
Use the new SharingRecordCollection, SharingRecordCollectionItem, and SharingRecordCollectionMember objects to organize your calls in meaningful categories for the Call Coaching users.
Create and distribute shared, public, resource, and user list calendars
Use the CalendarView object to view, create, and distribute shared, public, resource, or user list calendars for your users. Previously, only objects calendars could be created from the API.
Let users track more information on opportunity product records via a lookup relationship to any standard or custom object
On the OpportunityLineItem object, use the new LastReferencedDate and LastViewedDate fields.
Show whether an order product is a product/charge line.
Use the OrderItemType object. Introduced in API version 48.0, this type has been added to the SOAP API Developer Guide.
Define a sharing entity on an order
Use the OrderShare object. Introduced in API version 48.0, this type has been added to the SOAP API Developer Guide.
Define the status of an order
Use the OrderStatus object. Introduced in API version 48.0, this type has been added to the SOAP API Developer Guide.
Lightning Page Analysis
In the previous update some high level information about page load time was provided. In spring ’21, Salesforce has provided us with the Page Analysis feature. The Page Analysis feature will show us predicted load time and performance breakdown by components. We will also be able to analyze page performance.
Monitor Login Metrics
In spring ’21, Salesforce has extended the functionality of this Dashboard to now provide login metrics. Where in 2018, Salesforce released the Lightning Usage App, that provides insightful adoption metrics about your Salesforce Org. The monitoring in Spring ’21 provides out of the box insights, how users are logging into your Org. If you are tightening up how users login to your Org, then this is a great way to report on your success.
Based on the interaction with the bot the Knowledge articles automatically suggest to the customers. Just one feature that is building up Einstein Bots to be a necessary channel in your Service organization.